The News picked Taylor Richerson as our Athlete of the Week for her goals in the Southeast Missouri State game.
1. How long have you been playing your sport and why did it interest you to begin with?
“I started playing soccer in rec league, so I was probably eight. I always looked up to my cousin who played soccer at Murray State, so I think that had a lot to do with me choosing to play soccer out of any other sport.”
2. What is it about your sport that makes you enjoy it?
“Being a part of a team and the competitiveness is what is most enjoyable about soccer.”
3. How does it feel to be 3-0 in conference play?
“3-0 in conference to start off with is huge for the team. Our goal is to win regular season conference so we can play all of the tournament conference games at home, and so far we have done what we needed to do.”
4. What do you most look forward to the rest of the season?
“For the rest of the season, I’m looking forward to competing against the rest of the conference and trying to win a championship!”
5. If you could give one piece of advice to someone about accomplishment, what would you say?
“Hard work and commitment does eventually pay off, and when it does, the feeling of accomplishment makes you realize it was all worth it.”