Landon Stratton was chosen for our Athlete of the Week for his 40 yard plus advantage and punting the ball five times against Western Michigan University for an average of 46.6 yards totaling 233 yards.
1. How long have you been playing your sport and why did it interest you to begin with?
“I started as a sophomore in high school while I was playing soccer. I wanted to contribute to our high school team and they allowed me the opportunity to kick.”
2. What is it about your sport that makes you enjoy it?
“The team environment is a huge reason I enjoy it. Being on the team really feels like a brotherhood, and we are all working towards the same goals.
3. As a redshirt freshman how do you feel having your first weekly honor as Adidas OVC Specialist of the Week after playing WMU?
“It’s actually a team honor. I would not have achieved this without my line blocking for me, a good long-snapper to get the ball back there, and Coach Cooper’s play calling, so it truly is a team honor.”
4. What do you most look forward to the rest of the season?
“Winning an OVC championship, winning once we make it to the playoffs, and just continuing to improve every day that I step onto the field.”
5. If you could give one piece of advice to someone about accomplishment, what would you say?
“Hard work, dedication, and commitment will get you places in life. And just thank God above for the talents and the opportunities that he has blessed us with.”