1. How long have you been playing your sport and why did it interest you to begin with?
“I have been running cross-country since eighth grade. I first began running because I wanted to see if I could be as good as my brother who ran many years before me.”
2. What is it about your sport that makes you enjoy it?
“I enjoy being around my team. It’s like having a big family that I never had. I also enjoy staying fit and being competitive. Even though it hurts a lot to race and train, you can see the results of the work you put into it when you finally race and give it your all.”
3. How did it feel to have led the men’s team in the Memphis Twilight Classic?
“I have never done this for our team in any race so it felt pretty great. But I want to give a lot of credit to Gavin Galanes for pushing me. He has been a great supporter and I couldn’t have run as well without him.”
4. What do you most look forward to the rest of the season?
“I look forward to spending time with my team and seeing our program improve with every race. I really can’t wait until we host OVC championships. I want everyone to see the results of our hard work.”
5. If you could give one piece of advice to someone about accomplishment, what would you say?
“If you want to achieve a goal don’t slack off, just put the work in and you will reach it.”