Assistant News Editor Haley Russell compiles Police Beat with materials provided by Public Safety. Not all dispatched calls are listed.
- 2:13 a.m. A caller reported an assault in White College. An officer was notified and took a report for sexual misconduct third degree.
- 11:42 a.m. A caller reported a suspicious vehicle with a person inside on Main Street. An officer was notified.
- 10:32 p.m. The Murray State Police was notified of a fire alarm in Regents College. An officer, Central Plant, Murray Fire Department and state fire marshal were notified.
- 5:44 a.m. An officer issued a verbal warning for disregarding a traffic control device on 17th Street and College Farm Road.
- 8:31 p.m. An officer was notified of a burglary alarm activation in the Clara M. Eagle Gallery. A keyholder was notified and everything appeared normal.
- 10:41 p.m. A caller reported she locked her keys inside her vehicle. An officer was notified and took an informational report.
- 12:01 p.m. A caller reported a non-injury accident in the Roy Stewart Stadium parking lot. The Murray State Police were notified and took a vehicle collision report.
- 4:06 p.m. A caller reported theft of property from several people at Roy Stewart Stadium. The Murray State Police were notified. An officer took 21 reports for theft by unlawful taking less than $500.
- 8:25 p.m. A caller reported damage to a vehicle in the West Kentucky Expo parking lot. The Murray State Police were notified and took a criminal mischief report.
- 1:08 a.m. A caller reported theft of a computer in Hart College. An officer was notified and took a report for theft by unlawful taking more than $500 and second degree burglary.
- 1:50 a.m. A caller reported a person causing a disturbance in the lobby of Springer College. The individual threatened to harm himself. An officer and ambulance were notified.
- 4:55 p.m. A caller reported a motor vehicle accident in the intramural field parking lot. An officer was notified and took a collision report.
- 7:50 a.m. A caller reported a student having a seizure in the Old Fine Arts Building. An officer and Murray-Calloway County ambulance were notified. An officer took a medical report.
- 12:03 p.m. A caller reported a disabled vehicle near the Chestnut Street-Five Points intersection. The Murray Police Department and an officer were notified.
- 3:19 p.m. An officer arrested William Shelby, freshman from Paducah, Ky., on a warrant for third degree sexual abuse.
- 9:08 a.m. A caller reported a stray dog in the Business Building parking lot. An officer and animal control center were notified.
- 9:45 a.m. A caller reported a burnt electrical smell in the Industry and Technology Building. The Murray Fire Department, an officer and the state fire marshal were notified.
- 12:48 p.m. An officer served criminal summons on Stacy Wilson, junior from Marion, S.C., for second degree criminal mischief concerning an earlier event.
- 10:17 a.m. Facilities Management reported a fire alarm system would be out of service until further notice. An officer was notified.
- 11:31 a.m. A caller reported a reckless driver on 16th Street. An officer and Murray Fire Department were notified.
- 8:14 p.m. Racer Patrol requested an officer for an open door. The Murray State Police were notified and the door was secured by an officer.
Motorist assists – 1
Racer escorts – 3
Arrests – 1
Call of Fame – Oct. 25
- 9:18 p.m. Racer Patrol reported graffiti on the west side of the?Curris?Center. The Murray State Police and Central Plant were notified and took a report for third degree criminal mischief.