Story by Ashley Traylor, Staff writer
Winslow will be serving dinner April 12 using pork raised from Murray State’s swine farm.
Paula Amols, director of Dining Services, said dinner will feature three entrees using the pork.
Tony Brannon, dean of Hutson School of Agriculture, is attending the dinner and invited the Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner, as well as other community dignitaries.
Amols said the agriculture students creating this project have been working hard, and she said she encourages everyone to attend.
“Come out, try it and see if Racer pork is tender and tasty,” Amols said.
Winslow will also have an Easter brunch Sunday, April 16.
The Ms. Murray State University Scholarship Pageant is April 8. The contestants will be selling tickets in the Curris Center next week for $5. Tickets will be $8 at the door.
Next week, SGA is co-sponsoring Money Smart Week with the Murray State F.R.E.E. (Financial Responsibility Empowers Everyone) Club. Workshops will be held Monday through Thursday at 4 p.m. in Mason Hall Auditorium, except Tuesday, where it will be in the large ballroom. The workshops will focus on financial literacy.
- March 31 – Diversity Ball at the CFSB Murray Room at 7 p.m.
- April 3 – Judicial Board, Senate Chairs and Cabinet applications for SGA due at noon
- April 8 – Ms. MSU Scholarship Pageant at Lovett Auditorium at 7:30 p.m.
- April 12 – Pet Therapy at noon in the Curris Center Rocking Chair Lounge
- April 12 – All Campus Sing in front of Lovett Auditorium at 3 p.m.
- April 21 – Stephen A. Smith, host of ESPN’s First Take, speaks in the Curris Center Ballroom at 8 p.m.