Story by Ashley Traylor, Staff writer
Kentucky Attorney General Andy Beshear will be on campus at 11:30 a.m. Monday, March 13 to raise awareness for his video contest, #VoiceOfJustice.
Beshear is partnering with the Purchase Area Sexual Assault and Child Advocacy Center to bring awareness to sexual assaults. He will discuss the importance of reporting sexual assaults and decreasing the number of sexual assaults that occur on college campuses.
“It’s really great to have one of our state leaders here on our campus and I would really like to have a nice crowd for him, as well,” said Clint Combs, Student Government Association president.
Combs invited students to attend the initiative next week, which will take place in the Curris Center Dance Lounge.
He also reminded the student senate SGA elections are next week. Voting will be on myGate March 13-14.
Renee Fister, senior presidential adviser for strategic initiatives, encouraged the senate to attend the Presidential Lecture in the CFSB Center tomorrow at 8 p.m.
Presidential Lecture guests MarTeze Hammonds, Jerry Sue Thornton and Walter Bumphus will lead a diversity leadership seminar at 2 p.m. Thursday for students in Freed Curd Auditorium in the Collins Center for Industry and Technology.
“It will be an exciting evening,” Fister said. “I’m looking forward to what they have to say to all of us.”
- March 9 – Presidential Lecture at CSFB at 8 p.m.
- March 13-14 – SGA elections online voting from 12:01 a.m.-11:59 p.m.
- March 14 – Flip Books Novelty Event at Curris Center Rocking Chair Lounge from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- March 15 – Balloon Art and Face Painting and Smoothies Bar at the Curris Center Rocking Chair Lounge from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- March 15 – SGA election results announced at Winslow Dining Hall at 8 p.m.