The News picked Emily Niehaus for scoring her first career goal in the game against Eastern Illinois on Sunday, Oct. 25.
1. How long have you been playing your sport and why did it interest you to begin with?
“I have been playing soccer since I was four at the YMCA, I’ve always loved soccer and loved the thrill of being on the field.”
2. What is it about your sport that makes you enjoy it?
“Soccer is a team sport, and I really do love the family vibe that the MSU soccer team gives. Also, I love how hard it is to score and the build up to that final goal is just an incredible feeling.”
3. How does it feel to score your first point of your career?
“It felt amazing to score the goal. When your teammates run at you with huge smiles, screaming, that was an awesome feeling.”
4. What do you most look forward to the rest of the season?
“I look forward to seeing how we do in the tournament. We are all really excited and have been preparing this entire season for this, so I am definitely excited to see how we do!”
5. If you could give one piece of advice to someone about accomplishment, what would you say?
“I heard this quote one time by Earl Nightingale and it just stuck, ‘Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it.’ My advice would be to never give up, to accomplish something takes along time so just keep on going. ”