The News picked Ellie Lorenz as our Athlete of the Week for being the 16th Racer to have 1,000 digs.
1. How long have you been playing your sport and why did it interest you to begin with?
“I have been playing volleyball since I was in third grade. My older sister played so I wanted to play like she did.”
2. What is it about your sport that makes you enjoy it?
“I love the intensity of volleyball. There is always something happening. There is never a dull moment.”
3. How does it feel to have so many sweeps in the season thus far and to what would you attribute the success of the team?
“It’s a really big accomplishment for us but we take one game at a time so we try to forget about the previous games and our ‘streak’ that we are on. ”
4. What do you most look forward to the rest of the season?
“I’m excited to keep playing at home and to continue working towards the OVC tournament. ”
5. If you could give one piece of advice to someone about accomplishment, what would you say?
“No matter how hard it is, keep pushing towards your goal”