A few changes will occur tonight and tomorrow as the University prepares for the groundbreaking of the new Engineering and Physics building and President Bob Davies’ investiture.
The groundbreaking ceremony is being relocated to Wrather West Kentucky Museum due to the possibility of inclement weather.
However, the groundbreaking will begin at the original time, 11 a.m. in the auditorium. President Bob Davies’ investiture will begin at 2 p.m. in Lovett Auditorium with a reception at Pogue Library following the ceremony. All are invited to the events.
About 350 parking spots in six different parking lots across campus will be closed for the investiture ceremony from tonight at 11:00 p.m. to tomorrow evening at 7:00 p.m.
The following will be affected by the closures:
- The first two rows on the East side of Biology West
- The northwest corner, including “visitor” parking, of the lot on 15th Street and Olive.
- The entire lot on 16th Street and Olive South
- The entire lot on 16th Street and Olive North
- The “1 hour” parking spaces and the 1st row of “visitor” parking in the Curris Center parking lot.
- The entire parking lot on University Drive between Sparks Hall and Wilson Hall.
The lots will be closed to accommodate the special guests attending the investiture ceremony.